Monday, July 26, 2010

Dread the Shred.

Well... I could blame it on the broken DVD player, but frankly that would be an excuse. To be honest, I hate exercising. So, when the DVD player really did die, I took it as a sign from someone that I needed to find another way to get my 40 year old ass in gear.

I've found it. There's a road that encircles my neighbourhood, and it is just over three kilometres round trip from my house. It's a lovely, well-lit road and very little traffic during my late-evening preferred walking time. It's beautiful.

I even (dare I say it) RAN for about 2 and a half minutes tonight, and I'm not barfing up a lung. Those of you who know me should realize what a monumental achievement that is.

I hope this is the start of a long relationship between my feet and the road, 'cause frankly, my ass and the couch have been far too snuggly for far too long.

Here's to a fabulous 40th year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment